complexity tax

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Mon May 19 21:34:43 PDT 2008

On May 19, 2008, at 6:54 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

> If I could
> have a language with some of the syntactic conveniences of ES4 but
> without ES4's semantics, I'd be quite happy.

What semantics in particular, can you pick on something specific
that's not in your classes as sugar proposal (rather than have me
guess)? BTW, since you missed the cuts in the spreadsheet, you may
have missed the optional type checker being cut too: 'use strict' is
good-taste mode, a la Perl and in accord with discussions we've had
at the last two TC39 meetings.

Thanks for the kind words, although since neither 3.1 nor 4 is done
yet, specific constructive criticism is even better.