grammar update

Lars Hansen lhansen at adobe.com
Mon Mar 31 10:33:42 PDT 2008

It's not clear that 'has' should be removed, but it could be removed for
the time being.  The discussion on this list in the past couple of weeks
(Subject: "ES4 draft: Object initializers") indicates that the following
forms should possibly be allowed for catchalls:

  { get() ...,
    set() ...,
    has() ...,
    delete() ...
    invoke() ... }

These forms create fixtures and stand for the meta::invoke etc methods.
Anyhow those five names become reserved contextually.  All of that is of
course subject to further discussion as soon as I can get a new draft
out of the feature spec.

I disagree that 'enum' should be reserved in ES4.  E262-3 ch 16 is
explicit in allowing syntactic extensions and it appears that Opera and
Firefox do not reserve 'enum', suggesting that 'enum' is not in use on
the public web.

Which are the three other IE reserved words?  So far as I can see, the
list of reserved and contextually reserved identifiers contain only ES4
keywords.

--lars