ES4 draft: the global object

Jon Zeppieri jaz at bu.edu
Tue Mar 25 10:29:37 PDT 2008

I think I need to understand the following before I can comprehend the rest:

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Lars Hansen <lhansen at adobe.com> wrote:

>  Note also that
>
>   eval(s)
>
>  is the same as
>
>   null::eval(s)
>
>  so arguments about 'namespaced operators' are probably not right.

Not right in what sense?  I'm not sure whether you're claiming that
the operator form of intrinsic::eval isn't a namespaced operator (in
which case, how is it not a pun?) or that it's not the *only*
namespaced operator.  (Or maybe you mean something else entirely...)

Is the following legal ES4:

(x null::< y)

(I would have thought no.)

Do operator identifiers (like '<') name syntactic bindings?
Or maybe the term 'operator' is being used equivocally here?