ES4 draft: the global object

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 08:05:53 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Erik Arvidsson
<erik.arvidsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Deprecation does not really buy you anything.  Most people will never know
> something is deprecated and even if they do, they will most likely continue
> to use it. (Take escape and unescape as example.)

No, actually, if you deprecate something, and provide a better
alternative, you can remove the deprecated thing later.

Take Object.prototype.eval, for example. Nobody uses that much
anymore. If it's removed from Mozilla, probably some pages will break,
but not that many. Most people know better than to use that. I'm
surprised it's been hanging around in for so long.

Garrett

<sniip>

<snip>