Array Generics and null

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 12:21:23 PDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Mike Shaver <mike.shaver at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > I suspected that. It is the problem with Google Mail, which exhibited
>  >  a bug in Firefox.
>
>  Sorry, do you mean that this is caused by Array.generic behaviour?
>  I'm lost as to what bug you're talking about (bug number?).

No, that's not what I meant at all.

Dean asked me: "Did you mean to reply to list?" (or something like)

So I replied: "Yes, Dean I meant to reply to list, but I had a problem
with Gmail" Then I went on to explain the bug of why reply to list
failed. The problem I had was trying to reply to the list and GMail
had a bug in my particular use-case. Nothing to do with Generics.

My original message had to do with cases of dealing with handling a
case of Array generics with a non-Array-like argument.

Here it is:
>  Garrett Smith wrote:
>  > Is there typed null?
>  >
>  > If so, then typed null could typecheck for Array-like-ness.
>  >
>  > Anything that is not Array-like or invalid could throw an error. Such
>  > values would include:
>  >   null
>  >   undefined
>  >   any non-dynamic object that does not have a numeric length property
>  >
>  > Ideally this would happen at compile time.
>  >
>  > Garrett

Garrett