ES4 draft: Name

Peter Hall peter.hall at memorphic.com
Sat Mar 22 07:40:00 PDT 2008

>  Forgeable (interned) namespaces are still available for serialization.

How will those two treatments interact? If there is a mechanism for
creating forgeable namespaces behind the scenes, can this be exposed
to programs?

E4X needs forgeable namespaces, but I assume that comes under
(de)serialization. AS3 currently has forgeable  namespaces in general
and I know of existing code that depends on that, but I don't know if
that is relevant. Non-forgeable is definitely a stronger concept.

Peter