ES4 draft: Object initializers

Lars Hansen lhansen at adobe.com
Fri Mar 21 07:35:00 PDT 2008

o[f] !== undefined does not determine fixtureness, only whether f's
there.  The way to ask about fixtureness is by using a type, I think the
following should work regardless of the actual type of x in o:

  o is { x: * }

If you want to use a variable value f and not a constant name x then
(perversely) I believe the following should work:

  o is let (t = gensym())
          global.eval("type " + t + " = { " + f + ":* }; return " + t,
4)

but you have to write your own gensym.

To my knowledge there is no way to ask whether something is a getter or
setter.  That said, the draft of the reflection API is not yet out and
it seems like the kind of thing that it should possibly be able to
reveal.  (The reflection API should be able to answer the previous two
questions too.)

--lars