Any discussion of "compact" subset for mobile devices?

Michael O'Brien mob at mbedthis.com
Fri Mar 21 00:23:51 PDT 2008

This may be a little off topic for this group, so lets continue this
offline after this.

The ES4 spec is being written to not preclude off-device compilation.
After all, that is what AS3 does very well. So both approaches 1) all-
in-one compile/execution and 2) pre-compile then execute later are
possible and desirable in different situations.

In our case, sometimes the compilation happens at the development
phase. In other cases it happens hosted at the server
and can be tailored based on the phone features and capabilities. The
former being simpler, the latter being more comprehensive.

Michael