Any discussion of "compact" subset for mobile devices?

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Fri Mar 21 00:19:05 PDT 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 12:12 AM, ToolmakerSteve98 wrote:

> I'm trying to understand how that fits into "public web"
> compliance. If the
> answer is that you have enough control over the situation to intercede
> between the phone and the web, then I totally get it. Not a
> solution I had
> thought of, but works for me.

And for Danger (now MIcrosoft), Opera Mini, Skyfire, and probably
others I don't know about.

Not favored by many carriers, but who cares? :-P

> Is that approach agreeable to all the cell phone carriers? (If not,
> then I'm
> back to my original "are you sure this is practical?" gut reaction.)

Don't conflate technical practicality and "political" (best word I
can think of at the moment) acceptability. Don't target the trailing
edge. But this is getting off topic for es4-discuss, and on-topic for
betting ;-).