Any discussion of "compact" subset for mobile devices?

ToolmakerSteve98 toolmakersteve98 at shawstudio.com
Fri Mar 21 00:12:35 PDT 2008

> We typically don't need to query the device to select language features.

Michael, I think you've missed my main point. You are using an off-device
compile phase. THAT'S the "feature" I was talking about.

I'm trying to understand how that fits into "public web" compliance. If the
answer is that you have enough control over the situation to intercede
between the phone and the web, then I totally get it. Not a solution I had
thought of, but works for me.

Is that approach agreeable to all the cell phone carriers? (If not, then I'm
back to my original "are you sure this is practical?" gut reaction.)

~TMSteve