Any discussion of "compact" subset for mobile devices?

ToolmakerSteve98 toolmakersteve98 at shawstudio.com
Thu Mar 20 23:15:50 PDT 2008

"ToolmakerSteve98" <toolmakersteve98 at shawstudio.com>
> That's what concerns me. To my mind, the next step in logic execution for
> the web should be strongly biased to favor low power low memory devices.
> We want complex application logic running on client devices. ALL client
> devices. Looking at all the technical approaches that have been tried,
> what would give the most bang for the buck?

I want to underline the last sentence. The question isn't whether the
language will "run" on a cell phone. The question is whether the language
will allow that cell phone to maximize the potential of its limited
resources.

I'm not remotely an expert on that; I've just been on a project [ScriptX at
Kaleida Labs early 90's] that got burned in part by failing to carefully
make this distinction. Sometimes, a lesser architecture is more appropriate
in the short term.

~TMSteve