Any discussion of "compact" subset for mobile devices?

ToolmakerSteve98 toolmakersteve98 at shawstudio.com
Thu Mar 20 21:18:58 PDT 2008

Wow, there's a lot to ES4. I sort of thought the most important next step in
web evolution was the increasing role of mobile devices, and it's hard to
imagine all this running on a cell phone any time soon. Adobe's ActionScript
3 seems more the right amount of stuff. (Well, I'd personally use a
statically-typed language given the power and memory restrictions in order
to preserve performance, but that's another topic.)

Is there a working group discussing possibly standardizing a "compact"
subset of ES4?

~TMSteve