JSON Serialization (was Re: ES4 draft: Name)

Kris Zyp kris at sitepen.com
Thu Mar 20 20:43:33 PDT 2008

Is there any proposal for how to handle JSON serialization now that we are
using Name keyed properties? I know we've discussed this before, but I can't
remember where we left off, or if JSON serialization is even still in ES4.
The big issue with JSON serialization was how to handle Names with different
namespaces, that might have identical identifiers. And related is the
question of whether open namespaces have any bearing on serialization (might
be a mitigation for collisions).
Thanks,
Kris