ES4 draft: Object initializers

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Thu Mar 20 19:00:22 PDT 2008

On Mar 20, 2008, at 6:04 PM, Jon Zeppieri wrote:

> On 3/20/08, Lars Hansen <lhansen at adobe.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for pointing some of these out, Brendan did the same.  This is
>>  already legal to define catch-alls:
>>
>>   { var meta::get: function () { ... } }
>
> Is there a more recent version of the grammar than the docs at
> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=proposals:normative_grammar ?

Jeff Dyer will field this part, I'm sure.

> This syntax isn't legal according to the grammar there, nor is it
> recognized by the RI.

See http://bugs.ecmascript.org/ticket/225 and please fix this if you
are willing ;-). I took a stab at adding a FIELD_NAME type, I can
mail you my patch if you are interested. It was a while ago and won't
merge perfectly. We need namespace-qualified property names in object
initialisers for record types as well as object initialisers, for
iterators and generators.