ES4 draft: Error classes

Mike Shaver mike.shaver at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 09:44:09 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Lars Hansen <lhansen at adobe.com> wrote:
>  A comment of this form preceded on the same line only by whitespace:

We did this with // comments in SpiderMonkey, because the directives
are inherently related to a line, and it avoids questions about
whether the line numbering indicates the first or last line of the
comment containing the directive.  We didn't care a lot about lines
getting overlong, since they're virtually always produced by tools as
a way for people to _not_ look at the source containing them. :)

Mike