Any blogs to help orient me re the reference implementation? contrasting with F#

Jeff Dyer jodyer at adobe.com
Wed Mar 19 16:01:14 PDT 2008

On 3/19/08 2:40 PM, ToolmakerSteve98 wrote:

> I'm especially interested in the parser. Maybe will be obvious once I start
> looking, but might as well learn what I can the easy way. Bottom-up?
> top-down? grammar notation used? Based on some pre-existing parser
> combinator library?

Take a look at the grammar Graydon just mentioned at:

   http://www.ecmascript.org/es4/spec/grammar.pdf

You'll see a pretty obvious mapping to a top-down predictive parser in two
implementations:

1/The ES4-RI in SML
2/tamarin-central front-end in ES4
(http://hg.mozilla.org/tamarin-central/?file/fbd209c1fe58/esc/src/parse.es)