Controlling DontEnum (was: ES4 draft: Object)

Neil Mix nmix at pandora.com
Thu Mar 13 13:46:49 PDT 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Lars Hansen wrote:

>  function __createProperty__(name:EnumerableId,
>                              dontEnum:boolean=false,
>                              dontDelete:boolean=false,
>                              readOnly:boolean=false): void

I like where this is going.  May I (in addition to Kris's suggestion
for adding a value parameter) kindly nit on the parameter names?

function __createProperty__(name:EnumerableId,
                             value:*,
                             enumerable:boolean=true,
                             removable:boolean=true,
                             writable:boolean=true): void

Or some reasonable variant therein?  I have no strong opinions on the
form the parameters eventually take, but trying to parse what
dontenum=false means tends to give me headaches. ;)