Controlling DontEnum

T. Michael Keesey keesey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:11:06 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Yuh-Ruey Chen <maian330 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Not sure what ES4 policy is on how to pass "flags". Obvious method
>  should be named parameters, but ES3/4 lack that feature. I also don't
>  recall any ES3/4 method that uses bitflags (e.g. Object.READ_ONLY |
>  Object.DONT_DELETE) or any variant of such flags.

>From http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/Array.html#sort() :

"sortOptions - One or more numbers or defined constants, separated by
the | (bitwise OR) operator, that change the behavior of the sort from
the default. This argument is optional. The following values are
acceptable for sortOptions:

    * 1 or Array.CASEINSENSITIVE
    * 2 or Array.DESCENDING
    * 4 or Array.UNIQUESORT
    * 8 or Array.RETURNINDEXEDARRAY
    * 16 or Array.NUMERIC

[...]

"Note: The Array.sort() method is defined in the ECMAScript (ECMA-262)
edition 3 language specification, but the array sorting methods are
extensions to ECMA-262."

--
T. Michael Keesey
Director of Technology