[selectors-api] Why have two identical differently named interfaces?

liorean liorean at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 08:44:07 PDT 2008

On 12/03/2008, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
>  I guess I could do the two interfaces, but I'm having a hard time seeing
>  different extensions being made to these two interfaces (as opposed to wholly
>  new interfaces being invented, as was done here).

I can actually imagine one extension that only makes sence on elements
and not on any other nodes - element-rooted instead of
subtree-only-but-document-rooted queries. (I don't see any real
benefit from such an interface though, but I've seen the idea
mentioned on the mailing lists.)
--
David "liorean" Andersson