Controlling DontEnum (was: ES4 draft: Object)

Mark Miller erights at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 14:43:56 PDT 2008

[+google-caja-discuss]

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Kris Zyp <kris at sitepen.com> wrote:
> > The use of a __-bracketed name satisfies the second goal, but it
>  > would be a problem for Caja or similar. This is an issue where I
>  > would appreciate Mark's feedback.
>
>  I can't speak for Mark, but it seems like it might actually be beneficial
>  that unsecured code (regular ES4) would have the ability to set DontEnum and
>  secured code (Secure ES, Cajoled Caja, ADsafe, or whatever) wouldn't have
>  that capability.
>  +1
>  Kris

I think Kris is right, but I'm not yet sure. I've forwarded this
thread to google-caja-discuss at googlegroups.com for discussion of what
would be the best ways to support Caja's needs.

Nono of these issues are specific to DontEnum. They affect all other
integrity restriction attributes, such as ReadOnly, DontDelete, and
fixture (i.e., "non-dynamic").

 Cheers,
 --MarkM