ES4 draft: Object

Peter Hall peter.hall at memorphic.com
Tue Mar 11 04:33:03 PDT 2008

Yuh-Ruey Chen <maian330 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Which gets me back to the cognitive load issue. Even with a name like
>  'hidden', they may think they may have to do some funky syntax like
>  |obj.hidden::other_ns::prop| do hide a prop in another namespace.

This was confusing me... How would you define a property to have a
qualified name and be in the dontenum namespace at the same time? Or
are namespaced properties non-enumerable anyway? (That would feel
wrong to me..)

namespace dontenum_ns = dontenum other_ns;
obl.dontenum_ns::prop = 1;

?

The problem here would be the property would always be accessible to
all scopes, since only one of the namespaces needs to be open. ES4
doesn't currently have a way to express AND/OR namespace combinations.

Peter