ES4 draft: Object

Jeff Dyer jodyer at adobe.com
Mon Mar 10 20:11:50 PDT 2008

On 3/10/08 5:40 PM, Waldemar Horwat wrote:

> Lars Hansen wrote:
>> The feature was approved by the WG and solves a practical problem.
>> If another way to solve this practical problem is proposed (in a
>> more structured form than in the ongoing discussion) and finds favor
>> with the WG, then fine -- of course we can replace it.  Until then,
>> this feature stays as it is until the WG can be convinced that it
>> needs to be removed.  Personally I think that "it is ugly/abhorrent"
>> is a weak basis on which to remove the current feature.
>
> We are the WG.

Yes indeed.

> Are you saying that substantive discussions of your proposals
> are not welcome?

Not speaking for Lars, of course, but your feedback in this case seemed to
lack substance. Maybe it was in joking (I thought so at first), but it would
be helpful to follow up with possible solutions or at least insight into
what makes it abhorrent (your word).

> Not sure what the point of participating is if that's the
> case.

It's absolutely not the case.

> I'm dealing with a serious insurrection of folks who believe that the ES4
> working group has a bad attitude, based on Brendan's public comments and

No doubt the WG has attitude. There are strong personalities involved and we
have had our share of knocks. Sometimes that shows. You of all people should
understand why. But please do share more about the insurrection you are
dealing with. Maybe then we can be more sensitive.

Jd