server-side ECMAScript 4?

Michael O'Brien mob at mbedthis.com
Sat Mar 8 19:57:40 PST 2008

We will be using our ES4 implementation server side. Mainly for
embedded uses, but it could apply more broadly.
We have a server side page technology like ASP -- called ESP. This
simply processes <% code %> sequences and
effectively converts the web page into javascript code that is then
processed. We've used this in our Appweb embedded
web server for quite a while, but the javascript language was very
limited. Still it has worked well.

Upgrading to ES4 will give a very sweet server side environment. Of
course, we have had to add quite a bit of extra
library code suitable for server side processing.

What kind of server side were you interested in?

Michael O'Brien
Mbedthis Software