ES4 draft: Error classes

Michael Daumling mdaeumli at adobe.com
Fri Mar 7 00:02:08 PST 2008

This may sound like a stupid question, but...

Adding file and line info to an Error instance seems to be a good thing.
Should the standard include two read-only properties "fileName" and
"line" that an implementation may choose to fill in during construction,
and that return, say, the empty string and -1 if not supported?

SpiderMonkey and ExtendScript both support these properties.

Michael