ES4 draft: Namespace

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Thu Mar 6 00:26:59 PST 2008

On Mar 5, 2008, at 11:51 PM, T. Michael Keesey wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 11:28 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org>
> wrote:
>>
>>  E4X is not used on the Web.
>
> So ActionScript 3.0-based Flash/Flex websites don't count?

Sorry, my browser bias is showing.

Sure, E4X is in Flash. Interoperating with itself. Same goes for
SpiderMonkey. It's not part of the cross-browser standards that are
implemented in standards, and Michael suggesting that not
standardizing E4X in ES4 somehow "breaks the Web" is frankly too much.

Now that we've reconnected to Michael's original message and (I hope)
dealt with the "break the Web" non-threat, are you concerned about
E4X not being in ES4 for some other reason?