Triple quoted strings

Michael Daumling mdaeumli at adobe.com
Wed Mar 5 23:33:03 PST 2008

Well, I do find the feature useful...

I have seen a lot of scripts that contain multiline strings. Yes, you
can used escaped newlines, but triple-quoting is definitely much more
useful. For what it's worth, triple-quoting is syntactic sugar, but the
sugar

1) is easy to describe and implement,
2) does not add ugly stuff to the language,
3) makes multiline strings much more readable.

Michael