ES4 draft: Object

Erik Arvidsson erik.arvidsson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:04:24 PST 2008

We (Google) find setting the [[DontEnum]] flag with
propertyIsEnumerable(name, flag) to be quite ugly.  I can't find any
references to why the setter was tagged along onto the getter in this
way?  Is there a reason why we don't want
setPropertyIsEnumerable(name, flag) instead of overloading the getter?

2008/3/5 Lars Hansen <lhansen at adobe.com>:
> This is the draft for the Object class.  It's very similar to the Object
>  object in ES3, the only addition (to my knowledge) is the extra
>  parameter to propertyIsEnumerable.  And of course the specification
>  formalism is new.
>
>  Please comment.
>
>  --lars

erik