ES4 draft: Vector

Lars Hansen lhansen at adobe.com
Wed Mar 5 14:33:56 PST 2008

No wonder I was confused :-)

> So, why a read/write, rather than a read-only, 'fixed' property?

It was my hunch when I designed that feature that code that uses
fixed-length vectors wants to be able to catch errors most of the time,
but also does not want to be stuck in the straightjacket that a
settable-but-not-resettable fixedness property creates, leaving it
unable to extend the vector in place after making it fixed.

--lars