ES4 draft: Triply quoted string literals

Lars Hansen lhansen at adobe.com
Wed Mar 5 10:02:02 PST 2008

Given the apparent lack of enthusiasm for this proposal, and the call
for a new design voiced in last night's phone conference, I propose that
we simply reject the triply-quoted string proposal.

IMO a minor adjustment to the triply-quoted string proposal to address
its shortcomings would be reasonable, but I do not think that it is
appropriate to propose a new, competing design at this time.

--lars