proper tail calls

Peter Hall peter.hall at memorphic.com
Mon Jan 21 15:13:48 PST 2008

> The argument (which I do not think is decisive) is that PTC breaks
> debugability.

I am a bit out of my depth in this discussion, but explicit syntax
feels wrong to me. However, if it's going to be implicit, it has to be
completely invisible (aside from the benefits) - developers are going
to want their debugging tools to work as before.

Is there a practical approach to recursion counting, that ES4 could
require, so that Error.getStackTrace() can use it to produce the
"expected" result?  I must admit, It doesn't feel as trivial in my
head as that sentence reads...

Peter