proper tail calls

Erik Arvidsson erik.arvidsson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 09:59:50 PST 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Peter Michaux <petermichaux at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I think Haskell and ES are in different situations as a developer
>  chooses a Haskel implementation for execution. ES4 code for the web is
>  almost certainly going to run on multiple ES4 implementations. If
>  there are no requirements for proper tail calls then they cannot be
>  depended upon and are useless.

As long as all the implementations have the exact same call stack
limitation then that holds true.  However, I think it is unreasonable
to enforce one call stack size fits all.

I think we can all agree on that having explicit tail calls at compile
time enforces all runtimes to have proper tail calls?

--
erik