Closures and let blocks

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Thu Jan 3 11:29:12 PST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008, at 11:26 AM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> The context here is let blocks, not let expressions.

Agree (let (function f()...) expr-using-f) is less common, but it's
not beyond the pale. Neither (in the face of ++ and other mutating
ops) is (let (const C...) expr-using-C). Igor was applying rude
deduction of the Scheme sort: compositional primitiives, not gotchas
or asymmetric restrictions. I'm not sure, given what I maintain is
low cost to implement, of what good we do for users by breaking
symmetry here.