Are regex character class set operations (subtraction, intersection) worth the parsing complexity?

Steve steves_list at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 1 12:28:00 PST 2008

BTW, since I mentioned .NET 2.0's character class subtraction syntax, I'll
note that it actually comes from the W3C's XML Schema regex flavor, and is
also used in the XPath flavor.

BTW2, I don't actually think it would make much sense to arbitrarily remove
or limit a feature for the sake of arguably reduced parsing complexity. I
was more just interested in if others had similar concerns.