Access to spreadsheet

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Wed Feb 27 17:06:05 PST 2008

On Feb 27, 2008, at 4:48 PM, Waldemar Horwat wrote:

> Most of the categories are quite fine-grained in the spreadsheet.
> The other kinds of types are in there, so tuples should be listed
> as well or the entry renamed "Array and Tuple types".  It's mighty
> confusing otherwise.

Renaming to elaborate is ok by me, but "tuple" is confusing too.
There is no tuple type in JS (we passed up an opportunity doing ES1,
Guy Steele pointed to it so we could mourn jointly: we kept the C
comma operator instead of reserving it for tuple expressions).
"tuple" in the ES 4 sense is an Array structural type of length > 1,
guaranteeing at least those fixture types at the given element
positions. It's still a kind of Array structural type.