Access to spreadsheet

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.org
Wed Feb 27 16:35:14 PST 2008

On Feb 27, 2008, at 3:59 PM, Waldemar Horwat wrote:

> I'd like write access to the spreadsheet so we can fill in the
> Google column:
>
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pFIHldY_CkszsFxMkQOReAQ&gid=2
>
> Also, some features have been omitted from the spreadsheet, such as
> tuple types.  Are those out of the language?

It's not that fine-grained. Array types under Structural types
includes homogeneous array types (e.g, [int]) and tuple types
([boolean, string]).

Speaking only for myself, the color-based "voting" works only to
where there are separable and generally independent proposals. You
can't vote off tuples without redoing other things that depend on
them, so I'd rather we not split them in the spreadsheet at this time.

Another thing about the spreadsheet voting: it should not be taken to
disenfranchise people on es4-discuss. It's helpful for a sense of the
committee, but not decisive. IMHO!