ES4 implementation process, teams, and meetings

Jeff Dyer jodyer at adobe.com
Mon Feb 25 18:59:43 PST 2008

I think the important point to keep in mind here is that we need to move
forward to sound specs based on commercial implementation. The burden is
on those who "understand" the proposals + trac + RI to translate them
into implementation and spec for others to evaluate. This is a short
step forward for all but the deepest proposals. For the more fundamental
changes, the proposal format has and will continue to be unsatisfactory.

To address some of the concerns expressed last week, Lars has updated
John Resig's ES4 status spreadsheet at

   http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pFIHldY_CkszsFxMkQOReAQ&gid=2

He has added references to some of the materials supporting each
feature. We also intend to add a column to indicate the bakedness of
each feature.

For people who are more interested in self-standing specs, some will be
coming in the next few weeks.

Jd

Jeff's