ES4 implementation process, teams, and meetings

Waldemar Horwat waldemar at google.com
Mon Feb 25 17:58:45 PST 2008

Brendan Eich wrote:
> Thanks for understanding. Now with that in mind, please re-read Jeff's
> post and mine. We are talking about working intensively in the next
> three months on both specs and implementation. Now is the time to step
> up. Apple was /hors de combat/ for a long time in Ecma TC39. Kicking the
> legs out from under the table and pointing at the floor is not good
> citizenship in my book, whatever our (real) failings in keeping
> proto-specs up to date.

This is getting a little too belligerent.

Maciej has a point which several of us share.  For things that haven't been discussed actively, I too have little idea about what their status is or where is the correct place to look for the current understanding of their design.  This became a problem when we went from using proposals to relying on individual trac tickets.  I think we should go back to maintaining proposals.

    Waldemar