AOP Compatibility

P T Withington ptw at pobox.com
Wed Feb 20 15:35:33 PST 2008

On 2008-02-20, at 17:20 EST, Brendan Eich wrote:

> On Feb 20, 2008, at 10:17 AM, Kris Zyp wrote:
>
>> Is there any way this compatibility can be mitigated? I am assuming
>> there is
>> no conceivable way to actually replace methods ad-hoc with arbitrary
>> functions and retain sane typing and class expectations.
>
> I'm not sure why you assume this. Latest RI downloaded from http://
> ecmascript.org/ :

I thought the question was about annotating class fixtures?

But your reply made me think:  So, built-ins cannot be classes,
because they require backward compatibility?  Or maybe I missed that
there are sealed/class versions of built-ins (in some other
namespace?) with just a thin veneer of prototype around them for back
compatibility?