Basic Lambdas and Explicit Tail Calls Repackaged

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Sun Dec 7 23:43:13 PST 2008

Hi Brendan,

> I say 1 trumps 2 for the reason given in the last paragraph: human
> programmers first, meaning the fat bell curve (sorry, Schemers).

I agree with this; there are all sorts of clever things that
implementors can do that don't necessarily need to be exposed as
features in the language standard.

However, as Eugene Lazutkin pointed out, is omitting 'this' and
'arguments' a sufficiently compelling improvement to justify introducing
a whole new language construct?

In some cases in strict mode 'this' will be undefined instead of being
the global object, does this come close enough to omitting 'this' for
functions which are not methods?

Best regards,

Michael

--