Simple tail calls

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Sat Dec 6 14:39:05 PST 2008

Hi Peter,

> I created a Mozilla ticket in response and one of my comments there
> talks about the arguments.caller problem

arguments.caller is not defined by ES 3.0, right?

I think this feature is not helpful for efficient implementations, and
it would be best to deprecate it.

> I'm all for tail calls. I'd like to see implicit tail calls. Implicit
> tail calls would be necessary if tail calls are used in lambdas as
> there is no "return" statement in a lambda.

Personally I would prefer to have return statements in lambdas as well.
Perhaps it is worth making a combined lambda + tail call proposal, given
that the two features work well together.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!