Allen's lambda syntax proposal

Breton Slivka zen at
Thu Dec 4 18:54:49 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at> wrote:
> I thought this might be the answer. It's clearly too much to ask of all
> lambda-coders and would-be lambda-coders in the world.
> My two cents, perhaps I'm wrong and the Schemers and others will switch
> their kbd configs. Or the code generators will rise and exterminate
> lambda-coding humans. But I doubt it.
> /be

approaching it from the other side of the question, it seems that
people with german keyboards would have a similarly difficult time
with the pipe character.

It's the same issue with possibly any of the other symbols that have
been discussed for the syntax. It doesn't really matter what you pick.
If it's not "lambda", you're inconveniencing someone.