Revisiting Decimal

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Thu Dec 4 14:03:29 PST 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 12:39 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:

> Brendan Eich wrote:
>>>
>>> For the time being, concentrating on other things that will be in
>>> ES3.1.
>>> That was the main point of removing Decimal, no?
>>
>> es-discuss at mozilla.org has more bandwidth than singular focus on 3.1.
>
> OK,

Good, since we have harmonious energy for lambda syntax on this list
(you do, at any rate -- so do I, don't get me wrong -- but let's play
fair with Decimal for Harmony as well as Lambda for Harmony).

> but there is no longer any current detailed spec for Decimal to
> comment on.

Sam pointed that out too, and directed everyone to his test-
implementation results page:

http://intertwingly.net/stories/2008/09/20/estest.html

Indeed we still have an open issue there ignoring the wrapper one:

> I think the only major outstanding semantic issue was wrapper
> objects; apart from that, the devil was in the detail of spec wording.

No, the cohort/toString issue remains too (at least).