Revisiting Decimal

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Thu Dec 4 12:55:31 PST 2008

David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:
> Brendan Eich wrote:
>>> For the time being, concentrating on other things that will be in ES3.1.
>>> That was the main point of removing Decimal, no?
>> es-discuss at mozilla.org has more bandwidth than singular focus on 3.1.
>
> OK, but there is no longer any current detailed spec for Decimal to
> comment on. I think the only major outstanding semantic issue was wrapper
> objects; apart from that, the devil was in the detail of spec wording.

Would it be possible for you to expand upon "only major outstanding
semantic issue was wrapper objects"?  Can you give even a single example
of a ECMAScript expression for which the consensus is in dispute as to
what the correct results are?

If it helps, take a look at the following:

   http://intertwingly.net/stories/2008/09/20/estest.html
   https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2008-August/007261.html

What I would like to determine is whether or not there is consensus on
what the desired behavior for Decimal should be, and it would be helpful
if those that maintain that there is not consensus could review the
content provided by the two links I provided above.

- Sam Ruby