Allen's lambda syntax proposal

P T Withington ptw at pobox.com
Wed Dec 3 06:18:01 PST 2008

On 2008-12-02, at 20:32EST, Peter Michaux wrote:

> I keep a list of all the X->ES3 compilers I encounter in the middle of
> the following page
>
> http://peter.michaux.ca/articles/compiling-down-to-javascript-1-5

Clarification on:

> OpenLaszlo is the opposite direction: JavaScript compiled into Flash.

OL compiles an XML language to a subset of ECMAScript4 (or ECMAScript3
with the more mainstream parts of ES4: classes, type declarations,
parameter defaults, rest args, etc.) and has multiple back-ends that
compile that ECMAScript4 subset to (for example) JavaScript,
ActionScript 2, or ActionScript 3.  So, in a sense, we use Javascript
as both an intermediate language and as an assembly language.