Allen's lambda syntax proposal

Peter Michaux petermichaux at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 10:28:33 PST 2008

2008/12/2 Jeff Watkins <watkins at apple.com>:

> Since the goal seems to be allowing control structures like Smalltalk
> (yay!), how about specifying that one lambda that follows a function
> invocation is passed as the final argument to the invocation.

Brendan seemed to reject the idea that "this" could be passed as the
first argument to a constructor, so that "this" could be explicitly
named, on the grounds that the parameter lists would not match. I
agree that parameter lists should match. I was just asking.

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2008-November/008203.html

----

If a trailing block outside the parameter list is passed as the last
argument, then what happens when there is a rest parameter as the last
argument in the parameter list? It gets a bit messy to determine if
the last argument passed in was the last argument of some rest
parameters or an optional trailing lambda.

Peter