Allen's lambda syntax proposal

Peter Michaux petermichaux at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 12:31:52 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock
<Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com> wrote:

> JavaScript already has a concise "ASCII vomit" syntax for constructing arrays and objects.

I didn't mean to imply that JavaScript currently deserves the "ASCII
vomit" label. I also didn't mean to imply the {||} was so bad as to
deserve name calling. It is more the potential for the cumulative
effect to cause trouble.

> Given the direction the language seems to be heading,

Can you expand on what you mean by that please?

> having a similar concise syntax for constructing closures
> seems quite appropriate.

Peter