Look Ma, no "this" (was: ECMAScript Harmony)

ihab.awad at gmail.com ihab.awad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 13:57:02 PDT 2008

Fwiw --

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Peter Michaux <petermichaux at gmail.com> wrote:
> >From http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-08-2003/jw-0801-toolbox.html :
> ... he explained that the real problem wasn't classes per se, but
> rather implementation inheritance (the extends relationship).
> Interface inheritance (the implements relationship) is preferable.

I agree -- but only so long as the language gives you an easy way to
delegate messages by default to another instance. From where I sit, it
seems interface inheritance plus a parsimonious way to say "implements
Foo; delegate all the Foo stuff to this.myFoo" would be really helpful
if this approach is to be taken seriously.

Ihab

--
Ihab A.B. Awad, Palo Alto, CA