Decimal operator behaviors

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Fri Aug 29 08:44:36 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys at intertwingly.net> wrote:
> liorean wrote:
>> 2008/8/27 Sam Ruby <rubys at intertwingly.net>:
>>> I've updated my SpiderMonkey branch based on my understanding of the
>>> outcome of the past few days of discussion, and would appreciate any
>>> input that people may have on any other operators.  To facilitate this
>>> discussion, I've produced the following sets of tables:
>>>
>>>  http://intertwingly.net/stories/2008/08/27/estest.html
>>
>> I would be interested in seeing some tests covering the behaviour of
>> negative infinity and negative zero as well (for comparison with the
>> binary double equivalents's behaviour).
>
> I can certainly add "some" tests, but if you could be a little more
> specific of the actual expressions you would like to see evaluated, I
> will be more likely to produce what you want. :-)

I've received some off-list feedback, and added a few tests of my own.
 Updated results can be seen here:

http://intertwingly.net/stories/2008/08/29/estest.html

with IEEE 754 Binary Floating Point operations.  The only operations
that required any attention was relational operations involving NaN's.
 If you have any additional expressions you would like to see
evaluated, don't hesitate to ask.

- Sam Ruby