Proposal: opt-out local scoping

ihab.awad at gmail.com ihab.awad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 10:07:35 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Erik Arvidsson
<erik.arvidsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope we can still have "global" in Harmony.  It is ugly to have to do:
> const global = this;
> and rely on that no one moves that code into a closure with a different "this".

For what value of "global" should the "global" keyword be global? };->
If you are inside some separately loaded compilation unit, does
"global" mean global to the module?

Also, you seem to be asking for an explicit way to say, "this variable
does not respect Tennent correspondence; I know I am doing this and I
have a good reason" --

  http://gafter.blogspot.com/2006/08/tennents-correspondence-principle-and.html

What's the use case/good reason?

Ihab