Consistent decimal semantics

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Tue Aug 26 01:27:00 PDT 2008

2008/8/26 Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.org>:
> Sam and I, not going in circles (much), agree that typeof 3m should
> be "object", and that we add hardwired operator support for such
> Decimal objects.

This would be very similar to QName and Namespace from E4X. typeof
returns "object" for both but there is special support for value
semantic in == and != operators for them so

  new Namespace("url") == new Namespace("url")

gives true. Also E4X leaves up to the implementation to decide what
should be the result of new Namespace("url") === new Namespace("url").

Regards, Igor